Bill Love, CF
Bill Love, CF
Inland Forest Management, Inc.
BS Forestry – McNeese State University; Lake Charles, Louisiana
Bill grew up in Louisiana and developed an interest in forestry from several Boy Scout leaders who were foresters. He moved to Sandpoint, Idaho following graduation and worked seasonally for the US Forest Service in Bonners Ferry. He began a 33-year career with the Idaho Department of Lands in 1978, serving as private forestry specialist in Bonners Ferry and Sandpoint and Chief-Bureau of Forestry Assistance in Coeur d’Alene. Bill joined IFM in 2011. He assists with the Wildland Urban Interface Fire Mitigation programs in Bonner and Boundary County. He also provides forest management help to private landowners.
Continuing Education/ Professional Affiliations:- Credentials:
- Member of the Society of American Foresters (Selkirk Chapter – treasurer, past chair)
- Certified Forester Society of American Foresters
- Certified Tree Farm Inspector
- Member of the Idaho Forest Owners Association
- Member of the City of Sandpoint Tree Committee
- 2010 Chair – Inland Empire Reforestation Council
- Idaho State Forestry Contest – Co-founder, past and current honorary chair, currently serving on planning committee
- Former member of the Western Council of State Foresters Forest Stewardship Committee
- Inland Empire Natural Resources Youth Camp – former Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Served on Type 2 and Type 3 interagency fire teams in the Logistics Section